Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

DADDY: NARCISO MEFRAGATA

This is Mr. Narciso Mefragata...Daddy to all technical instructors of Don Bosco Technical College. We met with him, along with co-instructors of 18 years(!) ago at Congo Grille in El Pueblo Ortigas Center.

We remember him for his tenacity, his dedication and his favorite lines such as:

"My gosh! Kung may baril lang ako napatay na kita.." Spoken I think during a major booboo on part of an instructor.. (I think that was not during my time)

"During the time of Lumbao...." Ahh.. This one is the classic. I wonder whose name was mentioned in the late 90s and 00s.. Was it "During the time of Art Edang or Angel Dejan.

And his famous lines about teaching:

Tell them what you are going to tell them.
Then tell them.
Then tell them what you told them.

DECS has re-hired him as consultant. His recent exploits include opening a technical school for girls in Zamboanga no less. He still conducts seminars for Science, Physics and Electricity.

Despite our natural aversion to authority during those days (folly of youth?), there is a consensus that we learned a lot from him and he has influenced us a lot. Personally, I owe him a lot.. For giving me the opportunity to earn and finance my studies and discovery that I like the education field.

I am not sure if we were able to say this, but I will say them anyway: Thank you Sir Mef. Thank you, Daddy Mef.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?